Dr. P. Narayana was born in 1957 in Nellore. His father is Mr. P. Subbaramaiah. It could be said that he is a man with the Midas touch. Though he hails from humble beginnings, there has been no looking back for him and whatever he touched turned gold. He graduated and honoured with Gold Medal in Statistics in 1977 and took a postgraduate degree in the same discipline in 1979 from S. V. University, Tirupathi . All through his student life, he had been basking in the sunshine of glory and popularity because of his dynamic leadership qualities, intellectual prowess, sweetness of temper and oratorical talents.
He is the founder of the Narayana Educational Institutions. The Educational Institutions administered by him have reputation of securing State top Rankers in Competitive Examinations for Engineering and Medical courses. Under his able guidance the following institutions approved by the respective statutory authorities are managed successfully by Narayana Educational Society.
- Narayana Engineering College, Nellore with around 3000 students
- Narayana Medical College and General Hospital with around 1000 beds at Nellore and with 500 students
- Narayana College of Nursing, Nellore with 160 students.
- Narayana School of Nursing, Nellore with 120 students.
- M. Sc. Medical Courses in Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology and Microbiology with an annual intake of 40 Students.
- 11 Paramedical Courses with an annual intake of 82 students.
- 7 Narayana Concept schools at Nellore and Hyderabad with a strength of 8,846 students and 4 more concept schools will function from 2006 – 2007 at Hyderabad.
The institutions run under the able guidance of Dr. P. Narayana – - -
- Narayana Coaching Centers at Nellore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kurnool and Cuddapah with a strength of 7,600 students.
- Narayana IIT Academics – 2 branches at Kota in the State of Rajasthan and 6 branches at New-Delhi with a strength of 9,900 students.
The biography of Dr. P. Narayana will be incomplete without a mention of his charitable disposition and generous attitude. Meritorious and economically backward students in the college and schools are awarded financial support for their study.
What makes Dr. P. Narayana unique is the missionary zeal with which he takes up an enterprise of common cause and remains undeterred against all odds. The greater the odd, the greater is his resolve to surmount them